Dental veneers are extremely thin shells made of porcelain or composite resin that are applied to the surface of your teeth.
The procedure of applying veneers requires little or no anesthesia at all and is the perfect option for patients who want to drastically improve the look of their teeth quickly.
Common Types of Veneers
The most commonly utilized materials for dental veneers are porcelain and composite resin. Porcelain veneers are extremely popular since they are able to correct problems of color and shape and are extremely durable.
Veneers usually last between 7-15 years, after which they would can be replaced.
Benefits of Dental Veneers
Benefits of veneers include:
- A natural look
- Gum tissues tolerate them extremely well
- The color of veneers is chosen to make yellowed teeth look naturally whiter
- Usually veneers do not need shaping before being applied on the teeth like crowns do and they represent a stronger, better looking alternative
- They do not require any special care. Patients may follow their normal day to day oral care habits
- Veneers are stain-resistant, although your dentist might recommend you to avoid certain foods and drinks, such as red wine, tea or coffee.
If you would like to know more about veneers, or to schedule an initial consultation with one of our dentists, we kindly invite you to get in touch with us.
Dear Familycare Dental,
My thanks to your full staff for the courtesy and honesty shown to me in replacing my cap.
Enjoy your morning!
Josh and I wanted to personally thank you for assisting us with our dental care. We really appreciate it. Hope you enjoy.
Dear Dr. Tran,
I would like to give my thanks to Dr. Tran and assistant Rose for being so understanding and caring while trying to make me more comfortable. Thank you also, Mr. Levin, for making sure we were taken care of.
Thank you very much Rob, for helping me out. That meant a lot to me, and I just wanted you to know that I am very greatful. Hope you have a nice day.