Porcelain Veneers in Escondido
Dental veneers are extremely thin shells made of porcelain or composite resin which are glued by a dentist to the front teeth.
The procedure of applying them requires little or no anesthesia at all and is the perfect option for patients who want to improve the look of their front teeth.
The most common type of veneers
The most commonly utilized materials for dental veneers are porcelain and composite resin. Porcelain veneers are extremely popular, since they are able to correct problems of color and shape and are extremely durable.
Veneers usually last between 7 and 15 years, after which they would have to be replaced.
Benefits of dental veneersAmong the advantages of dental veneers, we would like to mention:
- A natural look
- Gum tissues tolerate them extremely well
- The color of veneers is chosen to make dark teeth look whiter
- They confer a conservative approach to changing the color and shape of a tooth
- Usually, veneers do not need thorough shaping before being applied on the teeth like crowns do, however, they represent a stronger, better looking alternative
- They do not require special care. Patients may follow their healthy oral care habits
- They are stain-resistant, although your dentist might recommend you to avoid certain foods and drinks, such as red wine, tea or coffee.
If you need to know more about veneers, or to schedule an initial consultation with one of our dentists, we kindly invite you to get in touch with us.