Best Dentist in Escondido
With more than 45 years of combined experience, our multi-specialty dentists have been providing patients with excellent dental care and a personalized, empathic service. Our dental office based in Escondido, CA offers various dental services such as general and cosmetic dentistry, cleaning and prevention, treatments for periodontal diseases, restorations and others.
Our main values
For many years, we have been providing our patients dental services with a holistic approach which relies on both prevention, as well as treatment of oral diseases and their effects. We are firm believers that our patients deserve an outstanding experience while visiting us, and our dentists work very hard to ensure they are happy with the results. Our patients feel safe and comfortable in our dental office, since they are treated with the utmost esteem and are offered an unparalleled dental care.
About FamilyCare Dental
We genuinely hope this site is helpful to you in learning more about our practice, dental conditions and treatments, dental recommendations, and more.
According to the American Dental Association, cavities are the most predominant chronic disease of childhood, despite the fact that, at the present, a lot of Americans have a great oral health and are able to keep their natural teeth throughout their lives.
Some of the services we perform include:
- Diagnosing oral illnesses
- Interpreting X-rays and diagnostic tests
- Safely administering anesthetics
- Promoting disease prevention and oral health
- Making treatment plans to preserve or regain the patients’ oral health
- Watching the development and growth of the teeth and jaws
- Effectuating surgical operations on the teeth, soft tissues and bone of the mouth.
All practicing dentists in the U.S. have gained a DDS (doctor of dental surgery) or a DMD (doctor of dental medicine) degree. The two degrees are basically similar, the only difference being that that some dental schools award one type of degree and others – the other. Commonly, minimum three years of undergraduate education in addition to four years of dental school are required to practice as general dentist. A supplementary post-graduate training is necessary to become a dental specialist.
What to expect at your first consultation with our dentists in CA
During your initial consultation, our dentist will get informed on your entire health history. In this first visit, you can expect:
- A thorough dental examination: the dentist will effectuate a complete examination of the teeth, gums and oral cavity, searching for signs of illness or other issues.
- A complete cleaning: the gum line will be scrapped along and under in order to remove built-up plaque and tartar which can lead to gum disease, bad breath and other issues. Then, your teeth will be polished and flossed.
- X-rays: these are able to reveal problems which cannot be observed with the naked eye, for example, damage to jawbones, abscesses, obstructed teeth, tumors or cysts or decay between the teeth.